Our client is looking for a Senior Security Engineer in Sydney to help maintain a secure environment for their applications and customers. You will work on some of the most mission-critical systems globally, with the ability to keep these available ad secure being paramount! To be successful in this role you'll be passionate about all areas of security, from architecting, implementing and maintaining log management, EDR, firewalls, IDPS and VPN's.
You will be one of the founding members of the Sydney office which has large initial growth plans to get to 70 people in 18 months. You will have the opportunity to work on a platform that impacts the citizens of Australia every day, this is high stake technology with large intrinsic as well as career rewards. This role has growth plans that match the plans of the company and will allow you to grow in career stature as well.
What you can expect to work on:
- Educating the engineering team on secure SDLC practices
- Crafting remediation plans for discovered vulnerabilities
- Ensuring that all our applications and cloud infrastructure are secure and providing further guidance on how to secure our products
- Working with our Compliance team to ensure that our products adhere to our policies and regulations
- Implementing, configuring, and managing log management, SIEM, Firewalls, IDPs, VPNs and other security apparatus
- Assessing the vulnerable packages and systems, and working with our Engineers to remediate
What we expect from you:
- Minimum 1+ years of experience working in a security role
- Experience securing public cloud workloads
- Experience securing Kubernetes container-based workloads
- Comfortability with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
- A passion for automation